Wednesday, April 27, 2011

April Shower and May flower


I have been seening umbrellas everywhere! The other day I heard someone say the quote about April showers bringing May flowers.  When I heard that I thought that would be such a great theme for a table setting.  Here are some places I have seen umbrellas lately......


 




Heres my inspired umbrella setting...........





I tried to find a tutorial online to make paper umbrellas, unfortunately there was none. I had to come up with my own pattern.  I cut out a circle of scrap paper and fold it in half different ways about 5 times. After this I folded every other crease in.  This makes the top of the umbrella.  I cut a hole in the top and stuck a straw through.  I used white straws and spray painted them blue and green. After I got the top of the umbrella where I wanted it on the straw I put glue on the straw and clothes pinned the top to the straw until it dried.  When all the umbrellas were made I tacked up a string from one side of the ceiling to the other with some slack.   I then hung the umbrellas from it.
To make the napkin rings I took a toilet paper roll and cut it into 3 pieces.  I took each one and made a napkin ring out of them.  I first covered them with colorful scrapbook paper and then glued different flowers to each one.


**more detailed instructions to come**

13 comments:

  1. I LOVE the hanging brollies, what a sweet idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The unbrella wreath is a clever and cretaive idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous!!! thanks for sharing this at my party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what cute decor very cute come visit my blog at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a new follower
    Love your blog

    Stop by any time
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisanThatBoutique
    http://thisnthatboutiqueblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little umbrellas! so cute and fun!

    I'm a new follower! glad I found your blog
    kathryn
    www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. those hanging umbrellas are sooooo cute!! perfect for spring time :) Love all the other decoration too!!

    Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The hanging umbrella garland is so cute! Love that wreath too!

    Susan,
    http://entertainexchange.blogspot.com/
    Party and Entertaining Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my I love lvoe this.
    I am a new follower from Flamingo Toes. I would love if you visited my blog
    www.touchedbyabutterfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable table! I love the handmade umbrellas. I just featured this post on my blog! :)

    http://www.polishthestars.com/2011/05/link-party-monday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the hanging umbrellas, so cute! Thanks for stopping by and linking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the color scheme - great job on the paper umbrellas too! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore that mini-umbrella wreath...that is a great idea for a party wreath!

    Thanks for linking to Creative Juice Thursday. Hope to see you back this week.

    ReplyDelete