Friday, April 8, 2011

DIY frame

One day I was painting outside and a twig fell into the paint bucket.  I took it out and I liked the way it looked.  Pretty soon I was throwing all the twigs I could find into the paint bucket.  Then the question was: What to do with all these paint covered branches. Answer! Use one of my many picture frames laying around! I love how it turned out, I hope you do too.

Materials:
  • Paint
  • Picture Frame
  • Twigs
  • Fake flowers
  • Plaster of Paris
Drop the twigs into the paint and set them to dry on a plastic surface (I used a plastic grocery bag).
Drop the flowers in the plaster of paris and let them dry.
Glue the covered twigs and flowers onto the frame.


linked to:

11 comments:

  1. I love the organic quality to this. Thanks for linking up to Beyond The Picket Fence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. It is so eclectic and beautiful.

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely! Thank you so much for linking this up to Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning!

    I'm so very sorry I missed your email, I've been out of town for the past week wihtout internet service.
    Can you send me another email so I can pull up your order details.
    thank you so much!!
    Canela

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! Love the idea behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. positively gotta try this. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful!! Thanks so much for sharing at Make Something Mondays! Can't wait to see what you have this week!!

    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in LOVITY LOVE with this and will be featuring it this week during What I Whipped Up Wednesday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this at Creative Juice! Hope to see you back at the party tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this, how did you make the flower??

    ReplyDelete